http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: Demon Drink

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Demon Drink

You can hide in the corner
but i can see you
You can curl up and shiver
but i can see you

Have another drink you're a bloke
have a good laugh crack a joke
be the centre of attention

feel the warmth and the joy
It is a well tested ploy
play at being someone else

find your soul
and let go

HEY I can see you

Be free of normal constraints
generally no real complaints

have a laugh
maybe barf

BUT

whats wrong with letting your hair down
why do friends begin to frown

its not a problem i am having fun
i am not trying to run
from who I AM
waking wondering who AM I?

I don't give a damn what you think
I'll throw up in the sink
IF I WANT TO

I don't care about you
i am just having a few
to find my TRUE self
not wanting to be left on the shelf

I can see YOU trying to hide

Truth dissolves as the glasses empty
the real you lost to pints, plenty
of the reasons for drinking
have no real meaning

the soul cowers and cries
conscious of all the lies
and pretence wasted time
life lost that's the crime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home