http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: The sugar sachet

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The sugar sachet

That single sachet a perfect metaphor

The wind swept beach, the peace, the sea - just us
It was beautiful to see you after a week
As we meet to catch up and have our lunch
For me to listen, look and hear your answer
To a question I asked about the nature of us

Your distant eyes staring at the crashing sea
Waves upon waves of words inside your head
Reaching your tongue, breaking upon your lips
Their spray washing across our faces
As their cooling meanings start to unfold
Slowly squeezing my heart,
Doing my best to disguise the pain.

All spoken in a mindful but uncertain voice
The hidden doubts left me confused
Leaving me wanting to help heal the rift
I see inside you - causing you distress

The meal finished and the real business done
We ordered coffees, a cappuccino for you
A risky affair from the start in such a strong wind
The coffees arrived and immediately your froth was lost
One strong gust puffed and spent - it was gone
The cooling milk sprayed from the cup
Flung across the table the mess begun

Then came your sugar sachet
My sweet heart held in your hands
Torn and opened the video begun
A brief coy look and uncertain laughs
Showing doubt and internal pain
The sweetness spread everywhere
Except where it belonged
A metaphor for where
my feelings for you had gone
Across the table of your life
Sweet scattered crumbs
Maybe not enough reaching and touching
the waiting cup to swallow me
and accept me within your warm heart

More coffee, more sugar, a less windy day…………?!!

2 Comments:

Blogger zenobia said...

hmmm..nice

5:37 pm  
Blogger beardysanchez said...

thank you for your comment Z

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home