http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: Cheek to Cheek

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cheek to Cheek

I was early and watched you come in
I knew my evening could really begin
I kissed your cheeks still cold
from the night air outside
from the start welcomed to the fold

We talked and I met your friends
our connection growing - it deepened
my certainty that you are
a person I want in my life,
a beauty to be free not in a jar

The music began the atmosphere
was hazy wine filled - my mind still clear.
Not managing to get close to you
I watched and enjoyed the company
making connections to a few

The evening grew late and you danced
I was captivated and entranced.
Your rhythm and movement
shapely sensuous and fluid
every beat living in the moment

You turned and dazzling smiled
I was completely beguiled.
Your cheeks filled with a warm glow
looking full of happy content.
An evening going with the flow

3 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

Sounds like you have a lot of good stuff going on... if these reflect true events... Thanks for you comments on my blog... I have a mixed bag of good and bad going... I'll try to find more time to write more on here...

Take care!

6:19 am  
Blogger beardysanchez said...

Thanks for your comment and liking your new posts.
I guess we all have a mixed bag it is how we carry the bag that matters!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Hope said...

Great way to look at it!

6:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home