http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: Dance Floor Glance

Friday, January 12, 2007

Dance Floor Glance

The power of a brief connection

Desperate pleading and beseeching eyes
Silently screaming for help “Anyone help”
Smiling with so much hidden inside
Her gaze imploring tentatively reaching out
Touching holding grasping
The message like an invisible strand
it was almost physical very real
Like a clawing searching hand
“I want to get out of this false pact
With the man by my side”
I desperately need to act.

“How can I help you?”
I answered her in a smile
Acknowledging her plight
Hamstrung and powerless
With anguish at the sight
Sorrow and sadness in my look
Unspoken words to her
Imploring her listen and reflect
“Hear your inner feelings”
To say she should give them respect.

Close physically arm held by him
They walk by leaving for home
But with a big gulf between
A backward glance, I see her eyes roam
A briefest of moments – an awareness snatched
She is now looking forward again
They leave together unmatched.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

That girl could have been me at one time...

Hope

12:34 am  
Blogger beardysanchez said...

but now......? from my understanding you have had a very positive change.
I really wanted to reach out physically and help and he certainly did not look happy. I wonder who she was and where she is now.

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home