http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: Father I love you

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Father I love you

A story of positive association

I close my eyes slowly unsure of what is coming
And gradually hazily gently see my father
Lying in the hospice distant peaceful and serene
A warm light shrouds the isolated bed
Swelling emotion wells from my deep
Uncertain tears start springing wringing
Eyes open shaky new feelings beat a retreat
Hidden so well in my darkest being

Careful attention and safety
I allow my eyes to close again
The bed nearer with my father sitting up
I walk slowly around the bed
We both smile the smile of acknowledged love
Tears flowing more freely running across my cheeks
Salty tasting tears chest heaving emotion
Eyes wide open glad and safe
The release of such commotion

Eyes shutting easier now
The bed has disappeared
A hug between friends now
Father with son in hand
Walking side by side now
Acknowledgement of love
Freedom of expression now
A joyous journey only just begun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home