http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: A true heart

Sunday, May 13, 2007

A true heart

What is love?
What is a heart?
Why are we so afraid?
Where is the truth the pain and hurt
How are these things shown to us

Unsullied and looking pure
This heart is untouched and clear
of all but self protection and
closed to all others, safe and sound
but unused and frozen from love

A real heart has wounds and scars
each showing giving and pain
a true heart has given bits away
and received others in to itself
making it real warm and full of love

Both these hearts exist in me
As I grow and open myself
I feel the pain and tearing
the scars of giving unanswered love,
the pleasure of bringing warmth
that is genuine and unexpected.

Our hearts are huge oceans
The heart's capacity boundless
mostly untapped and closed.
Open it up and give freely
the seas of compassion
are waiting to be free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

Wow, this one speaks to me... no doubt that we can keep our hearts unused and frozen or risk the pain of opening them up... huge oceans... "The seas of compassion are waiting to be free".

Love it.

Hope

11:37 pm  
Blogger beardysanchez said...

This is a reflection of a story someone told me and it made me tingle!

Thanks

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home