http://www.blogger.com/template-choose.g?blogID=32707431 brite-orange: Feeling like an alien

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Feeling like an alien

We are part of the same race
so they say it is what we are taught
yet there is a difference so huge
i sometimes wonder if it is true

People charge head long in to life
not thinking not seeing not being
from childhood on they dont rest
the race is on and they will win

they will get to the grave first
the journey is not the thing
quantity of experience the prize
quality takes second place

I watch and muse and try to grasp
why so few chose to think
I feel alone at times and on the edge
different and at odds with "life"

A lens of clarity appears to me
in these moments of reflection
free from restriction and aware
of the vast learning still to come

depth is what I strive for
not shallow surface satisfaction
I am moving beyond these needs
moving to a different place

I see the sun and a peaceful land
I see the moon in the dark water
I see love and compassion
I see humility and harmony

I see the truth of who I am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home